The other night I had a task of upgrading 22 VMs with additional vCPUs and memory. I also had a maintenance window of 60 minutes to get this completed. So I wasn’t going to do this more than once, so I just wrote a simple PowerCli script that would handle this process for me.
So this script starts off identifying the servers that the work is going to be performed on.… Continue reading
From time to time, I get tasked with generating a report of production VMs with specs. This normally wouldn’t be an issue, but we have changed our server naming standard a few times, so we have machines with all sorts of names. The one thing in out environment that hasn’t changed is the datastore naming. We have our datastores split up between non-production and production, and each department has their own.… Continue reading